The Amazon Reliability Maintenance Engineering (RME) team maintains and optimizes technologies ranging from large, modern, purpose-built warehouses utilizing robotics and high-volume conveyance all the way through the value chain to small, high speed warehouses placed as close to our customers as possible. The GRT team compliments RME by building technical products, best in class practices, programs, standards and tools to deliver success for over 20,000 technicians and engineers across the globe.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This central role exists to ensure that base building assets and infrastructure across our European distribution sites are operated and maintained to be compliant, guarantee employee safety/experience, and minimize downtime and total cost of ownership. The scope includes the end-to-end operational infrastructure (electrical systems, HVAC systems, fire life safety, lifts, dock doors and associated assets, rooftops, janitorial installations, etc). This is exciting opportunity to raise the bar on one of the most critical areas of our operational infrastructure.
This particular role offers (i) an exciting challenge of supporting sites of different complexities across the whole Europe and (ii) leading an outstanding team of Regional Portfolio Managers and Reliability Engineers with the highest Customer Obsession and Insist on the Highest Standards.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead a team of Reliability Engineers and Regional Portfolio Managers supporting RME site-based teams in overseeing the delivery of Hard (building assets and infrastructure, e.g. HVAC, electrical, drainage systems) and Soft (janitorial, waste, pest control, snow removal) facilities services at operational sites
- Lead the long term strategy definition for Hard/Soft Services and Reliability/Compliance of building assets across the relevant stakeholders (Finance, Procurement, RME leadership)
- Lead the Reliability Engineers on the development of maintenance standards and processes aligned with the compliance requirements across EU
- Lead escalations w/ Senior leadership related to safety, quality of service, and downtime incidents
- Collaborate with other functions, especially Procurement and Finance, to optimize the vendor landscape and scope of services
- Support the rollout of central initiatives to improve services, e.g. process changes, technology deployments, sustainability initiatives
- Develop scalable frameworks to increase asset performance and total life cycle cost, and minimize downtime
- Manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously, while influencing and developing relationships at a range of organization levels
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to site-based facilities leads
- Deliver Total Cost of Ownership improvements
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science-based discipline
- 15+ years’ experience in facilities management, including both hard and soft services
- 5+ years’ experience as people manager (preferably in multicultural environments)
- Vendor management in large and complex 24/7 operational facilities
- Experience of managing services across multiple sites and countries
- Experience of change management and process standardization
- Experience with Total Cost of Ownership optimization
- Excellent written communications ranging from concise emails to strategic white papers
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with high expectations
- Data analysis including high proficiency in Excel
- Ability to travel up to 30%
- Relevant certification in reliability maintenance, e.g. Certified Maintenance & Reliability Professional (CMRP)
- Knowledge of distribution supply chain processes and businesses
- Implementation of vendor-based maintenance solutions to drive safety and reliability
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.