As an HSE Specialist for machinery/equipment and manufacturing process you will report directly to the HUB HSE Manager (Europe) and act as a technical lead and subject matter expert for machine risk assessment, functional safety for machinery, and machine safeguarding according to industry consensus (regional/local) and internal business standards. We are looking for a professional who has a holistic view and understands the complexities in processes of change and project management. You will work closely with regional and factory operations teams and take an active role in the decision-making process to advise and support the implementation of safety critical controls for industrial machinery capital projects and upgrades. You will take a lead role in identifying and sharing transferrable practices, evaluating, and developing local machine safety competency
PLEASE ATTACH YOUR CV IN ENGLISH.
- Lead process, provide technical support in the assessment of electrical and hydraulic diagrams, pneumatic systems and safeguarding of machinery, tools, and equipment to meet internal, industry consensus and regulatory standards.
- Lead risk assessment initiatives and risk mitigation in the scope of machine safety.
- Support the build of organizational capability by providing machine safety training and development of people competency (technical) at local sites.
- Lead the deployment strategy and plan for successful cross‐functional implementation of relevant internal corporate and business standards in the scope of machine safety.
- Support the investigation process of incidents (including near misses, recordable injuries) to determine root causes and prepare corrective and preventive action plans.
- Support response and containment actions to emergencies related to machine safety.
- Facilitate continuous improvement of the machine safety process by acting as a regional business partner involving site, functional and business leaders.
- Provide technical safety advice and risk review for capital projects related to machinery, tools and equipment, cooperating with internal global process and equipment technical experts and key equipment suppliers.
- Provide support in defining necessary scope for preventative maintenance plans to be implemented on machinery / equipment.
- Expected to travel regionally to support local sites.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Process Engineering (HSE education or similar experiences is desirable).
- Understanding of the requirements relevant to the EU Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, ISO 12100:2010 Safety of machinery - Fundamental concepts, general principles of design.
- +5 years of regional experience with an emphasis on machine safety process/program management, maintenance, risk assessment and design.
- Experience reading and designing diagrams in electrical, electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
- You have pro-active mindset to self-initiate actions and take decisions.
- You have excellent communication and influencing skills to address and build trust with people on different organizational levels.
- Fluency in English is required, both written and spoken.