Would you like to support the Group Board and Executive Management in protecting the assets, reputation and sustainability of the Nordea Group? We are now looking for an Internal Audit Manager to help us audit Group Operational Risk and operational risk management frameworks and processes in Nordea.
At Nordea, we’re committed to being a partner our customers and society can count on. Compliance and integrity go hand in hand. Joining us means you’ll have an impact on how we do banking – today and tomorrow. So bring your ideas, skills and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with plenty of opportunities to collaborate, grow and make your mark on something bigger.
About this opportunity
Welcome to the GIA Market, CCR and Operational Risk team. Here you will help to assess if operational risk is managed in line with ECB expectations and establish whether Nordea is following key regulations. As an Internal Audit Manager you’ll play a valuable role in audits of e.g. key operational risk processes and frameworks as well as how these are governed by Group Operational Risk in 2. LoD. In addition, you will need to develop good stakeholder relationships and contribute to the continuous monitoring and risk assessment of the relevant areas in Nordea.
What you’ll be doing:
- Plan and execute audit projects, and follow up on previous audit findings in accordance with GIAs methodology, as a project leader or a project team member
- Build and maintain a network of relevant stakeholders within Nordea
- Support in ad-hoc tasks, e.g. the update of the risk assessment and annual audit plan, and share knowledge within your area of responsibility in GIA
- Clarify expectations, follow up and provide coaching and feedback to other team members
- Work with GIA colleagues across teams and countries in a truly global network
You’ll join a highly motivated team with much team spirit and very diversified backgrounds. We are very focused on knowledge sharing within the team, so that we can learn from each other and utilise the collected knowledge as far as possible.
The role is based in Helsinki; Gdańsk; Gdynia; Warszawa or Łódź.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
To succeed in this role, we believe that you:
- Have respect for other people’s knowledge and professionalism, but also courage to question where you find something might be missing.
- Have strong collaborative skills and strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively with senior professionals.
- Have high ethical standards with demonstrated integrity, tact, and diplomacy.
Your experience and background:
- Knowledge and understanding of and preferably working experience with operational risk management frameworks and regulation is necessary.
- Knowledge of and potentially working experience with key operational risk processes such as Risk and Control Self-Assessment, Product Approval, Incident Management and Change Risk Management is considered an advantage.
- University degree.
- Audit experience is preferable but not obligatory.
- CIA certification or similar, or willingness to attain one.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 11/10/2021. For more information, you’re welcome to contact Sarah Nørholm Straarup
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: https://www.nordea.com/en/doc/privacy-policy.2021.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.