At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation.
As a result of dynamic growth of our organization, we are currently looking for candidates for the position of Project Manager. Lead the execution of projects with in a manufacturing filed of industrial equipment with medium range of complexity and ensure that all related activities are executed in accordance with company procedures, contract specifications, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, cost/profitability targets, and scheduling targets.
- Defines, jointly with the customer and other departments, project plan, including scope, financial requirements and risk mitigation plan.
- Ensures that the project follows execution best practices and Hitachi Energy policies. Effectively monitors and controls project progress and efficient resource utilization.
- Monitors and controls project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifies, qualifies, quantifies and manages risk, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyzes and shares lessons learned throughout the project.
- Ensures that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with Hitachi Energy policies and contractual agreements. Coordinates with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers.
- Supports Supply Chain Management in negotiations, claims and project changes.
- Acts as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including effective communication.
- Ensures the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies.
- Masters degree, or equivalent.
- Has about 3 years of relevant working experience, including experience in successfully managing various projects within manufacturing environments.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office.
- Knowledge of PMI, PRINCE2 methodology and setting up Project Management Office is a plus.
- Very good knowledge of English and Polish.
- Be strong at structuring complex tasks and possess strong coordination skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills, to motivate and lead your project team.
- Ability to monitor and control budgets.
- Excellent client-facing, communication and negotiation skills, to manage expectations.